StoneX USA warrants our legacy quartz by StoneX to be free of manufacturing defects from the date of installation when fabricated and installed in a private single-family residence by an authorized StoneX USA Stone Fabricator.
This Residential Lifetime warranty is limited to the original purchaser of the product. In newly constructed or remodeled single-family residences where Legacy Quartz was installed. The warranty is available to the original owner and resident and is non-transferable.
All decisions regarding this warranty are at the sole discretion of StoneX USA. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator, or other persons are authorized to make any warranty or promises on behalf of StoneX USA with respect to Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA products. If it is determined by StoneX USA that our Legacy Quartz materials failed due to a manufacturing defect, StoneX USA will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace such materials. StoneX USA will strive to obtain the best possible resolution. The decision to repair or replace is at StoneX USA’s sole discretion and an exact color match is not guaranteed.
Terms and Conditions
- This warranty applies only to Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA’s materials that have been permanently installed in the interior of single-family residences and have not been moved from their original installation.
- This warranty applies only to materials that have been maintained according to the StoneX USA Quartz Care & Maintenance guidelines (See below). Care & Maintenance guidelines are available at www.stonexusa.com. To request service under this warranty you must first contact the company who sold you your Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA within (30) days of failure. Please also have your proof of purchase available.
- Following installation, you must register your Legacy Quartz within thirty; (30) days or the warranty is void.
- To activate your warranty, simply download the online form made available at stonexusa.com and mail it in to: StoneX USA / 1735 S. 106th St / West Allis, WI 53214
What is not covered under this warranty?
- Any residence where the owner is not the occupant.
- Materials and/or services that have not been paid for in full.
- Use in any commercial application. Commercial use includes but is not limited to, use in stores, rental properties, offices, or any other place of business.
- Product installed in any outdoors application.
- Product used as flooring material.
- Improper use or abuse including but not limited to, damage from mishandling of the product, damage 2 from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions, sun fading, physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance.
- Chips at edges or other areas caused by impact damage.
- Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA is highly scratch resistant but is not scratch proof. Proper care must be exercised including the use of a cutting boards as part of your care and maintenance.
- Routine maintenance including but not limited to, minor conditions such as removing stains and water spots by following the techniques specified in the Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA Care & Maintenance Guidelines. (See below).
- Failures due to fabricators/installers not following the prescribed fabrication and installation procedures as outlined by the Natural Stone Institute of America. Improper fabrication and/or installation is the sole responsibility of the fabricator and/or installer.
- Defects that were visible at the time of fabrication and were not avoided during fabrication. Fabricators are required to perform a visual inspection of all materials prior to fabrication and again prior to installation.
- Seam appearance and performance, adhesives, caulk or other accessory items. Once the product is installed, the two main reasons for seam separation or cracking are the shifting or movement of the substrate, cabinets or foundation, and thermal shock. Thermal shock can occur when a hot pan, dish or other receptacle or object is left on the countertop for more than a brief period. Trivets or hot pads should always be used. These issues are not considered material defects and are subject to proper care and maintenance by the owner.
- Chemical damage.
- Creative use of the material such as thermal bending or curving.
- Material that has been reduced in thickness.
- Securing mechanical fasteners directly into the material.
- Failures due to inadequate support for the installation.
- Any other cost incurred including but not limited to painting, plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, flooring etc. that may be necessary to modify, remove and or replace in the process rectifying a Legacy Quartz manufacturing defect covered under this warranty.
- Transportation, freight, tear out, demolition in any form, disposal and re-installation, fabrication, or associated cost beyond the cost of the product.
- Natural variations in the color, size, shape, and distribution of the pattern of the quartz or the natural variations in background tone. These are inherent characteristics of the product. Color samples provided to consumers, dealers and fabricators are only representative and not an exact replication of what will be installed in your home.
- Spots or blemishes on mono colors smaller than a U.S. ten (10) cent coin and on multi-colored materials smaller than a U.S. Quarter (25) cent coin. A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect Legacy Quartz structural integrity or performance therein.
- Legacy Quartz materials contain important product information on the back of each slab. Removing this product information will void the warranty.
- StoneX USA. is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, and architectural/engineering design, and structural movement, acts of vandalism or accidents.
- StoneX USA shall not be responsible in either contract or tort for any loss of direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of the use or the inability to use the products covered by this warranty. Some states do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
THE FOREGOING IS THE COMPLETE WARRANTY FOR LEGACY QUARTZ BY STONEX USA AND SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO Q QUARTZ SURFACING AND M.S. INTERNATIONAL, INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTY THAT MAY EXIST UNDER NATIONAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL OR LOCAL LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from State to State.
Care & Use
Congratulations on the purchase of your Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA countertop. Legacy Quartz is an elegant, durable, and resilient countertop surface that will provide you with many years of comfort and satisfaction. Maintaining your Legacy quartz is simple and easy.
- For every day cleaning use a soft sponge or dishcloth with warm water.
- For stubborn or greasy clean-ups use a gentle liquid cleaner like Mr. Clean, 409, Simple Green, Fantastic etc. or ordinary dish washing detergent e.g. Palmolive with warm water and a “White Scotch Brite”
- Never use red or green Scotch Brite on Legacy Quartz as they contain aluminum oxide (the same abrasive as in sand paper) and may dull the finish.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning agents such as regular Comet and Ajax. If needed, Bon Ami and Bar keepers friend are both approved nonabrasive cleaning powders that will clean without affecting the finish.
- Though most common household cleaners have no effect on Legacy Quartz, never allow your Quartz countertop to come in contact with drain cleaners, paint strippers or products containing
Hydrofluoric acid, Methylene chloride, Trichloroethylene or any product with a very high or very low PH. These types of chemicals may etch or discolor the surface of your Quartz.
- There is no need to seal your Quartz countertop. Sealers cannot penetrate Quartz and remain on the surface. Eventually the sealer will start to wear off unevenly in high use areas causing the polish to appear inconsistent.
- Legacy Quartz is scorch resistant and under normal conditions is not affected. Always use a trivet or hot pad between your Quartz and any heat generating device including but not limited to crock pots, deep fryers, hot pots and pans or electric skillets. Sudden or rapid change of temperature or sustained heating, especially near edges and cut outs, may create enough thermal expansion energy to cause your countertop to crack. Damage caused by thermal expansion is not covered under the Legacy Quartz by StoneX USA warranty.
Follow these simple care and use guidelines and your Legacy Quartz will provide you with many years of trouble free use.
Please visit our website at: www.stonexusa.com for additional information and to download the StoneX USA Warranty Registration Form.